Start a new topic

Googlemail blocked my sign in

I have just signed up to the basic pack after being told about MyRoute app by some guests. I was very impressed with the features of the site and I thought it would be a great tool for me to have to allow me to send routes to other people.  I was not happy having  my email 'live' on the system and would just prefer to log in to it whenever I wanted to email a route to someone but as this option did not appear I had no choice but to put my email on the system.

I got an email from googlemail saying an attempt had been made to sign in from an app 'that does not meet modern security standards' How do I delete my email address from your system as I am concerned after getting this message and perhaps I will just set up a new email address just for use with this site!

Will I have to ask to have my account deleted completely and then register again with new email address?

Your help would be appreciated.

Regards

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

On the top right corner of the website, you should be seeing your name (Myrouteapp.com).Click on it and then click on 'My account'. There is a bar there with your e-mail adres in it. You can change this to another e-mail adres if you like. When done, click the 'save changes' button and you're good to go.

Kind regards,

Christian Orie

Customer Support 

Thank you Christian

I have changed my email address and now I have another problem in that when I go to email a route the system is picking up yet another email address I have that I have not entered into the system at all and I am unable to see how to stop it.  I am concerned that it is interacting too much with areas of my email I do not want to use, why is this?  How do I stop it and get it to use the email I have now registered???

Perhaps it is best that I delete my account and try to start over again unless you can tell me why it is doing this??

Regards

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Just to verify what is currently happening is the following sumary correct?:
1. You changed the e-mail adress on your account to something different

2. When pressing the share button and clicking the 'e-mail' function a certain e-mail pops up right? This is because outlook choses the default e-mail adress of your PC. You can just simply change it to the e-mail adres used for Myroute-app.

A deletion fo your account should not be necessary, since all your issues can be changed by changing some settings. Will look forward to hearing back from you.

Hi Nigel,

Just to verify what is currently happening is the following sumary correct?:
1. You changed the e-mail adress on your account to something different

2. When pressing the share button and clicking the 'e-mail' function a certain e-mail pops up right? This is because outlook choses the default e-mail adress of your PC. You can just simply change it to the e-mail adres used for Myroute-app.

A deletion fo your account should not be necessary, since all your issues can be changed by changing some settings. Will look forward to hearing back from you.

Login to post a comment