Start a new topic
Answered

myroute not transferred to TTR 400 as same route

Im planning a trip ( leaving in 3 days) and I picked certain roads and all looks good on MYRouteapp.com,  but when i send it to my TTR 400 and tell it to RIDE, it does not use my route that i picked.

Best Answer

Here is what I do to transfer a route/track to a TT.  TomTom

1.  Create Route/Track in MyRouteApp. 
2.  Save Route as .gpx 1.1 file. [menu option top right of screen].  Note location of where file file has been downloaded on your computer. 
3.  Connect your TomTom 400. Sign in to TomTom MyDrive Connect.  Under the ‘My Device’ heading tab, click on the white box that says The Smartest Route Planner. 
4.  On the next page that opens, which is a map, select the MyRoutes Option from the menus on the top left of the page. 
5.  Click on log in.  Click on ‘Import a GPX file.  Click on ‘Select a File’. 
6.  Click on the file in your directory structure that you downloaded in line 3 above. The TomTom driver will load the file and show you the track.  The track will then be synchronised with your device.  This can take several minutes depending upon how large your original .gpx file was. 
7.  On your device, select ‘MyRoutes’, scroll thru the list to find the track that you have just synchronised with your computer. The route/track will load and you can then proceed as normal.

Hope this helps.  It works for me.

It seams like the TTR400 wants to do what it wants, I have tried, Tomtom maps, google and here.  They all look good on myrouteapp.com but when the TTR loads my route it seems to want to do its own route planning.  How do i stop that?  I have played with Fastest route, slowest route, and winding route, they all give me a different route then what i want.

Also, i find the Unpaved roads dont work very well.  I have it highlighted to AVOID dirt roads but it will still route me to them.

OK, Weird, i tried the TRACK File and Not the Route and it is really close to My planed route.
what is the difference between Route and track?

A track file contains no actual waypoints. It's a 'GPS-breadcrump' collection of a route. A route file however does contain waypoints. Because of this, your navigation device can calculate an alternative route from what you've made online since a new route can be formed in between waypoints. 

A track file blocks these recalculation options, resulting in a more similar route to what you've made online.

So no one can help me here?  WHY IS THE ROUTE NOT FORWARDED TO THE GPS?

Hi Kevin,

I've detailed the differences between route files and track files in my previous reply. As to why your route is not forwarded to your GPS when choosing a routefile instead of a trackfile; it is. However route files allow your sat nav to recalculate the route, where track files do not.

So my answer hasn't been answered, How can i get my plotted route on myrouteapp, show up on TTR like i want my route?  I leave for my week long trip i 30hrs.  Feeling very frustrated..

Well thanks for the help.........................................................................................

Answer

Here is what I do to transfer a route/track to a TT.  TomTom

1.  Create Route/Track in MyRouteApp. 
2.  Save Route as .gpx 1.1 file. [menu option top right of screen].  Note location of where file file has been downloaded on your computer. 
3.  Connect your TomTom 400. Sign in to TomTom MyDrive Connect.  Under the ‘My Device’ heading tab, click on the white box that says The Smartest Route Planner. 
4.  On the next page that opens, which is a map, select the MyRoutes Option from the menus on the top left of the page. 
5.  Click on log in.  Click on ‘Import a GPX file.  Click on ‘Select a File’. 
6.  Click on the file in your directory structure that you downloaded in line 3 above. The TomTom driver will load the file and show you the track.  The track will then be synchronised with your device.  This can take several minutes depending upon how large your original .gpx file was. 
7.  On your device, select ‘MyRoutes’, scroll thru the list to find the track that you have just synchronised with your computer. The route/track will load and you can then proceed as normal.

Hope this helps.  It works for me.

I got back from my trip today,
Borel, I just tried what you said, It does seem to follow my path closer, but its still not the route i want exact.
Im not sure why it dont transfer my exact path i want.  Its like it has a mind of its own.

I have been playing with the options, Like winding, vs highway vs fastest route.

take a look at this pic, do you guys see the issue im having????

Hi Kevin,

Looking at the photo, I cant throw any new light on that matter.  As best I can judge from the photo, I sometime see a similar result when I am trying to create a route and go back to add some way points that I wanted as part of the original route - e.g. along the way. Sometimes the additional routes are treated as an adjunct or additional leg of the original route - if you like hanging off the main route.  I am assuming the problem you have is that the white part of the route in your photo is not picked up by your TT. And because of that, it then creates that loop that is not part of the original route plan.  Merely as a suggestion, when you create the original route, particularly that leg that appears to branch off the main loop, that you create slightly different waypoints in MyRouteApp for the outward and return part of the trip.  So, as you come down the white part of the route to turn off too on that leg on the right hand side if your TT screen, use waypoints that you don't replicate for the same journey, even if you are coming back on the same road.

I think, and it is absolutely a guess, that in the photo you show, the TT assumes that leg that you have going off to the right of the screen should be connected up with the part of the journey at the top of the scree. That may be why it joins it all up and ignores the part of the route marked in white. [I'd reference the numbered way points to help but your photo is too low res for me to see these clearly.]  Thats about all I can think of at the mo.  Please let me know if that works.

Also, just thinking about, your earlier query, and my lengthy process that I detailed, there is an alternative which I should have mentioned.  if you are a myRoute-app GOLD user, there is a beta option in the app to directly transfer your route to your TT via USB cable.  This is much simpler and the only challenges I have had with it is when TT services are unavailable, which they are from time to time. 

I am a gold member, Can you please walk me through the process of doing the beta USB way.
I'm not sure what happened but every time i tried to login in, it wouldn't and it would send me to the home page in another language. 

Anyways, In 3 weeks, im going on a 2000 mile trip, and i have it spaced out into 4 days, I really need this to work, so any help from you guys is great appreciated. Im willing to try anything.  Here is a screen shot of the whole trip.