Start a new topic

Bmw Nav V not giving voice prompts for downloaded routes

My Nav V doesn't give voice prompts at all for routes I've downloaded. It does give voice prompts if I just plug in an address and allow it to calculate the route ( so its not stuck on mute or something). Is this just the way it is for Nav V or am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for any help/tips.

I've done some more googling and it seems that in Basecamp (route planning app meant for the Nav, but which I don't use) has a setting to mark a waypoint to either alert on arrival (i.e. get a voice prompt), or not alert on arrival (no voice prompt).  So I'm thinking the when I download the route from my route to the Nav V, it is seeing all of my waypoints as do not alert.  I can't seem to find anything in my route to change the waypoint setting...back to google I go.

This is an automated message. Some of the messages in this conversation have been reported. The topic will be closed to avoid people posting reactions that are not relevant to the original conversation.
In case you find it necessary to talk about this subject, please create a new topic. Please add a clear description to your message to allow our team to work with it as soon as possible.