Start a new topic

Waypoint onscreen notifications

It would be a great feature if when approaching a waypoint using MRA navigation app if we could choose to have an onscreen notification for specific waypoints - something like: 1 mile to WP 28 and then show the note that we may have chosen to write for WP 28, Perhaps it might read: War memorial on the left or St Mary's Church on the hill.  We would need to have a tick box to choose which WPs to include in these notifications. 

When planning a route, I quite often place a WP next to a war memorial or church or anything else that is interesting that I am likely to see during the route and rely on the little green WP dots that TomTom put on the screen when using an .itn route. I then have to make pen and paper notes for the tank bag.

In my eyes, this would be a great feature that would make MRA unique and standout from the crowd. 

1 person has this question
1 Comment

Good Afternoon Varareco, 

Thank you for sharing your suggestion. Personally I really liked your idea. 

The developers of MyRoute-app are working on introducing the Points of Interest. If you would have a list of POI's maybe it would be possible to load them in with the route as well..

I have added your suggestion to the list of the developers, I hope that they are able to implement something along these lines, but I reckon this will be quite complicated. Nonetheless it would make the Navigation app stand out even more! 

I will now close the forumpost to ensure that there will be no reactions by other users with problems or suggestions not related to the original post.

Kind Regards,

Anthony Fens

Customer Support MyRoute-app

1 person likes this