Start a new topic

Harley Davidson BOOM! system freezing when reading large number of tracks points.

I have a Harley Davidson BOOM! Nav system running version 1.21.3.1 software.  In the past, I was able to import Harley Davidson .gpx 1.1 route files without any problem. 

Recently, my Nav system has started hanging up when trying to open these files.  I have tried several USB sticks and several different routes with only two way-points in them.   I got to comparing Harley Ride Planner gpx files to MyRoute-app gpx files and noticed that MyRoute-app gpx files contained a lot of tracks points where there were none in the Harley Ride Planner file.  When I delete these tracks points from the MyRoute-app gpx file, my Nav system reads them just fine.  

There appears to be a very low limit to how many tracks points my Nav system can deal with.  While I have not debugged how many tracks points it can handle, I propose adding a second option to the save as feature to save a Harley Davidson Route only gpx file. 

Does any other Harley owner here use the tracks points?  To be honest, I really don't know what they are for?

gpx

Hi Ronald, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

I have informed the developers about this problem.

Do you have any idea when this started to happen? Is this something from last week or has it been acting up for a while now? 

Also, what do you mean by "hanging up", does the connector stop working? Or do you get the message that the route is exported but when you look, it's not there?

I hope to hear from you! 

Kind Regards, 

Anthony Fens

Customer Support MyRoute-app

I had had trouble importing a route to my bike a few months ago, however, it was not until this month that I had a chance to debug the issue some.

"Hanging up" -- I was referring to my BOOM! radio failing to load the gpx file and presenting me with a blank screen when I try to import a route.  Just to be clear.  I have no problem saving the route from MyRoute-app site and after downloading the route I copy it to a jump drive.  From there I attempt to import it into my BOOM! system by connecting the jump drive.  Pressing OK to the "There is no media on this drive" notice.  Selecting menu from the Navigation screen, Selecting Import from the menu screen.  Selecting my jump drive from the next menu.  Selecting the gpx file from the next menu.  At this point I see the drive light on my jump drive flash and nothing happens.  I do not get the expected menu asking me to select what I want to import.  It just hangs there.  

Please let me know if I can do any additional testing for you. 

Login to post a comment