Start a new topic
Answered

Make Forums available with multi languages

Wouldn't it be possible to have a dropdown field in the "My Account" language section to see more than one language in the bulletin board?

When I entered them the first time, I wondered why there are so few posts - and all in german ;-) And I accidentally changed the language setting in the "Edit profile" - that was more visible to me. With no effect.

Then I found the "My Account" section and after altering that to "english" I finally sam more posts. As I come near from Heerlen I can read nederlands as well and even spanish is no problem for me as my mother is spanish. So I would like to choose on my own what languages I want to see in the forums, rather than someone else deciding that for me. And worst. If I post something in the german section that was already solved or discussed in the netherland or english part - you - the supporter - would need to do the translation. Better to spend that time to mature the system.

And even if I do not understand a word - modern browsers offer to translate that for me - with the known results, yes - but sure better than nothing eh ;-)

And by the way - why are there two Profile sections - I know that there are more than one system involved, but what about SAML, OAuth, OpenID, ... any SSO service to synchronize the User data?

Best regards

Thomas

Best Answer

That's why this is a beta phase, we take a look at your wishes.

Answer

That's why this is a beta phase, we take a look at your wishes.

1 person likes this
+1

This is an automated message. Some of the messages in this conversation have been reported. The topic will be closed to avoid people posting reactions that are not relevant to the original conversation.
In case you find it necessary to talk about this subject, please create a new topic. Please add a clear description to your message to allow our team to work with it as soon as possible.