Start a new topic
Answered

Start and End Flag are not alligned

On the Activities Page I see the Start and End Flag way beside the real start and end point. It gets better as zooming into the map - but never really hits the real point (at least with my Chrome browser)

Best regards

Thomas

Best Answer

It is an image of the map, not the map itself, that's keep the website fast, if you open the track it is correct.

Answer

It is an image of the map, not the map itself, that's keep the website fast, if you open the track it is correct.

It's an image in the overview, why not, I'm fine with that. But it is not a real answer to the problem, right?

a) if it is an image, it is still badly processed as the image has an origin where it comes from. So the flags are not aligned there.

b) by the additional information of "zooming" it is clear that the problem persists if you open the map itself.

The Flags are never aligned with the last or first coordinate. Not in the image, nor in the track view.

I have uploaded an old track of mine and the issue is also visible there. Maybe there is a default "offset" in the position of the flag relative to the real mark to ease the view on the whole track (at least the relative distance make me believe this, as it seems to be consistent over all zoom levels). This leads to crappy looking images in the overview and strange views: Route 1259 where the start Flag is over open sea down to zoom level "500m".

Login to post a comment