Start a new topic
Answered

Route labs - Routes and Tracks

The names are not used consistently. "Route library" with filter "All routes" shows (also?) tracks. "Start new route" creates a route.

And what should I care how fast one has managed to complete the track. Do I know the way he/she drives or the skill they have? Only calculated values would be interesting based on route types and standard algorithm as navigation systems use to predict a track duration.

From my point of understanding the Route library is a pool of routes to use. Tracks that have been done (recently) by users are more likely placed in the Activities section.

jpg

Best Answer

I am not agree, the tracks can be used as a route.

Later in the develope progress you can export the track to Garmin or new TomTom Rider 40/400 directly.

The tracks are the future.

Answer

I am not agree, the tracks can be used as a route.

Later in the develope progress you can export the track to Garmin or new TomTom Rider 40/400 directly.

The tracks are the future.

how do i open a GDB file ?

That is not possible.

Maybe later.

But gdb files are rarely used.

Garmin also has stopped the development of gdb files.

When navigating a new route, What is the difference between routes and tracks??

Routes are pre-defined paths created from a group of location points entered into the GPS receiver in the sequence you desire to navigate them.
-Location points can be user generated waypoints or points of interest that have been loaded from a map or from a route program (MRA)
-Routes are created on the computer and/or on a navigation device.

Tracks act like breadcrumb trails, allowing you to see where you or another individual traveled in the past. This allows you to navigate a path previously taken.
-Tracks contain track points, not waypoints or points of interest

When exporting a GPX file from MyRoute-app you'll receive both a route and a track file. As you can imagine the track file isn't a 'real' track file, since it wasn't created using an actual tracking. The track file is a shadow of the online created route file with the difference being that it contains the properties of a track file (no way points etc). Some route navigation devices have a certain limit for the amount of way points that are accepted for example. Using a track file (no way points)  is a way to get around this.

1 person likes this

I'm a little confused. Track is created with the App. But Sygic can't use a track. So, convert the the track to a route. Then Sygic can open it. The big problem is that the conversion from track to route  in the web app dramatically changes the result.

We'll let's say you've created this really long track and Sygic would allow you to insert it directly (without having to convert it to a route). What will most likely end up happening is that the route Sygic would hypothetically try to follow is undrivable. Tracking is done by a GPS signal that creates one steady route without any way points that can serve as an anchor. This makes deviations extremely likely when following a track. You can see the conversion to a route from a track as a 'safety measure' for making sure that Sygic knows where to go. 

I've found that you have to have sufficient waypoints or Sygic will deviate from the intended route. You have to test the route before you leave and move the waypoints around to lock down the route.

This is an automated message. Some of the messages in this conversation have been reported. The topic will be closed to avoid people posting reactions that are not relevant to the original conversation.
In case you find it necessary to talk about this subject, please create a new topic. Please add a clear description to your message to allow our team to work with it as soon as possible.