In the route editor of MyRoute-app it is possible to display or merge multiple routes. This is useful, for example, if you:
- Want a new route to be different than another route in the same area (compare);
- Want to use a previously created route in a new route (add);
- Want to set two existing routes in a row (merge).
Open an existing or new route
Depending on your goal, you open a new or an existing route to get started. If you want to modify or extend an existing route, it is always advisable to work in a copy of the route. This way you will always have the original route, should something not go according to your wishes.
Add route as 'map layer'
- Click on the "Routes" tab to start.
- Click "Add" to find the route you want to add.
- A list of all the routes from your route list appears (you can only use routes from your own route list). Select the route you want to compare/merge with the current route.
Second route visible as 'map layer'
The other route, together with your original route, will now be shown in the route editor. It is possible to show several additional routes in the route editor. All these routes, with coloured route lines, have not yet been added to the 'real' route (black line). The extra routes are now shown on the same map as the basic route to which you want to compare. The extra routes can, therefore (still) be seen as a sort of map layer: their course is not yet calculated in the route editor but is only shown next to the route you have opened (the black line).
- The added route and the map on which it was created are listed in the left-hand column.
- You can change the colour of the additional routes displayed by clicking the coloured square below the route name and selecting a different colour (see below).
- Click 'Add' to add another route (as in the example).
- Click this cross to stop the route from being shown on the map.
- By clicking this 'plus' icon, you can add the route to your current route. This way, the coloured route line shown will be included in the route calculation and this part of the route will also become visible with waypoints (both on the map and in the list of waypoints, see picture below).
You can add the selected route in two ways:
- At the beginning of the route
- At the end of the route
The image below shows that the route that was shown in purple has now been added to the opened route as a route section. This route section is now also shown with its route points and is part of the route calculation for this route. The extra route is no longer shown as a 'map layer' and is therefore no longer visible in the left-hand column under the 'routes' tab.
Follow-up Adjust the colour of the route line of the route shown:
You can change the colour of the extra routes displayed by clicking on the coloured box below the route name and selecting a different colour.