The roundtour tool has been developed to easily and quickly plan a nice roundtour of your current (or another) location. This way you can plan a nice route within minutes by indicating how far or how long you want to drive.
This manual focuses on the design as it will be displayed in the internet browser. It is also possible to generate a roundtour via MyRoute-app Mobile. The functionalities are the same, but the design will differ slightly.
Starting the Roundtour
Click on the Routemaker from the 'Routelab' to get started. The dashboard collapses and the route maker is activated.
Choose a starting point
A roundtour needs a starting point. You can choose from 3 options.
- Search: use the search bar or click anywhere on the map
- Favorites: click on the favorites icon. A Favorites list expands.
- Current location: If you have indicated that we can collect your location, you can use this function to put a route point at your current location.
In the map area you will also see the following options:
- Map layers: Use the different map layers of the MRA Route Planner. Some of these are only available to MRA Routeplanner Gold users. For more information, see the 'Map Layers' Manual.
- Zoom in/out: Use the buttons to zoom in or out on the map. You can also scroll with your mouse wheel for this.
You can then generate a roundtour in two different ways. The steps of each are explained in the following sections of this manual.
- Make your own: You can influence various aspects of the roundtour yourself, such as: direction, duration and tortuosity.
- Be surprised: All aspects of the roundtour are chosen by the Roundtour generator and you are given three options to choose from.
A - Make it yourself
After you have chosen a starting point, you will be guided step by step through the process of creating a route. The map with the starting point on it always remains visible. This process is also explained in this manual.
Step 1 - Where do we go?
You have already indicated the starting point of the ride. If not, go back to this step. You also indicate how long the route may take
- By pressing “Duration” you change the length. You can calculate the route in kilometers or time.
Step 2 - Press Next
Have you chosen the starting point as well as the desired duration? Then press next.
Step 3 - Choose the curvature
Choose the amount of bends you want here. The possibility to do this also varies per area.
Step 4 - How much height difference?
Choose the amount of height difference you want here. The possibility to do this also varies per area.
Step 5 - Create additional options and route
Here you enter in which direction the roundtour should end and which things should be avoided when generating the roundtour.
Step 6 - Wait for the generator and view the roundtour.
The Roundtour Generator will now start calculating. You can already change the name of the route in the indicated bar. When the route has been calculated, click on 'view roundtour' (see image below). This will take you to the page 'Choose a roundtour' (see also the manual “Choosing a route”).
B - Surprise me
Just enter a starting point and be surprised by the powerful roundtour generator of MyRoute-app. By filling in a number of details for you in advance, we can generate three beautiful routes for you at the touch of a button.
Step 1 - Click surprise me
It's that simple. You only specify a starting point and that is enough to generate the route.
Step 2 - Wait for the generator and view the roundtours.
The Roundtour Generator will now start calculating. You can already change the name of the route in the indicated bar. When the route has been calculated, click on 'view roundtour' (see image below). This will take you to the page 'Choose a roundtour' (see next part of the manual).