Start a new topic
Answered

Can login on web browser, but not on Android devices

I can login via the Google Chrome web browser on my Windows 7 PC (not tried other combinations, including Linux), but when I try to login (for the first time) on my Android phone (v4.2.2) or Android tablet (v6.0.2) I get the following error dialog box message:

"

Error

Login failed, check your credentials

OK

"

I've rechecked what I can, but still can't login on either device

Best Answer

Hi Richard Clauson,

I suspect certain types of characters in your password to be causing your error. Are you using any special characters like (for example): %, &, ^ etc, in your password? If so, i suggest altering your password to see if this resolves the issue. 

You can alter your password by:

1. Clicking on your name on the far right corner of your screen

2. Selecting 'My account' 

3. In the password tab changing your password

If these steps solve the issue for you, could you please state the special characters you were using (do not list your full password). This will help our programmers out since they can make an altercation in our database for other users as well.

Kind regards,

Christian Orie

Customer Support

Answer

Hi Richard Clauson,

I suspect certain types of characters in your password to be causing your error. Are you using any special characters like (for example): %, &, ^ etc, in your password? If so, i suggest altering your password to see if this resolves the issue. 

You can alter your password by:

1. Clicking on your name on the far right corner of your screen

2. Selecting 'My account' 

3. In the password tab changing your password

If these steps solve the issue for you, could you please state the special characters you were using (do not list your full password). This will help our programmers out since they can make an altercation in our database for other users as well.

Kind regards,

Christian Orie

Customer Support

The problem doesn't seem to be with password complexity (special characters), but password length. (Or at least not only...)

I had the same problem, and after changing my password from 16 to 12 characters I could log in.

Truncating a password is never a nice thing to do, and should in fact never be necessary since you don't store actual passwords but password hashes (please, please tell me you don't store actual passwords?)

Just in case your programmers aren't aware of how to properly hash passwords, tell them to look for a bcrypt implementation for whatever programming language they use. Bcrypt is the industry standard and there should be libraries available for every possible programming language.

Greetings,
Bernard

Hi Christian Orie & Bernard Kerckenaere,

Have finally got back to this and found the following.  My password was 13 characters, including one special character.  My first test was to remove one character (off the end) but leave in the special character, but this didn't work.  The second test was to remove the special character, and that worked, but then I was down to a 12 character password.  The third test was to replace the special character with an alphanumeric character, and that worked, at 13 characters.  Finally I replaced the special character with a slightly-special character (a hyphen, "-") and that worked, also at 13 characters.

So thanks both for suggestions why some passwords don't work.

BTW, am now using MyRoute App v2.1.12

Richard

Oh, and, Christian, the special character that didn't work was "&" (ampersand), while the one I replaced it with that did work was "-" (hyphen).

Richard

How to export routs created on Android Tab to Garmin BMW Motorrad Navigator v?
Same question as above, Geir.

Geir, you're best asking your question in a New Support Ticket, rather than on the end of a ticket that is totally unrelated to your question.

Kevin, not sure if your question is the same as Geir's, or as mine (well above).  Probably best to ask in a New Support Ticket as well, or in Geir's new ticket.

Login to post a comment